During my tenure on the Select Board, I have worked on several important Town issues:
- The only Select Board member with experience in a transition of a new Town Manager. Hired Melissa Rodrigues as Town Manager and selected Henry Hayes as our new Town Manager.
- Strong opponent of the Eversource project. I have actively been working with Protect Sudbury since the beginning and since the Rule of Necessity I have been working against the project as a Board member.
Met the 10% affordable housing goal imposed by Massachusetts General Law Chapter 40B. Meeting this 10% goal allows us to require that future housing be built to comply with local zoning and paves the way toward adopting inclusionary zoning, which will keep increasing the stock of affordable housing as new developments are constructed.
- Advocated for the Landham Road intersection improvement project that has been approved for State funding.
- This past year, during my tenure as Vice Chair of the Select Board, the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail and/ or the CSX corridor have been on the agenda nine times.
- Negotiated and consummated the successful Meadow Walk development on the former Raytheon property on Route 20.
- Successfully opposed the Sudbury Station high-density housing development which saved Sudbury’s historic town center.
- Purchased and preserved multiple important properties, including Johnson Farm, Sewataro, and Broadacres Farm.